Weekly Photo Challenge: Curves

Advertisements

Starting With Another Clean Slate

Starting out with a sample from here, I wanted to build out some reusable libraries I could use with other projects if needed, but focus the focus of the libraries on a new application which can take advantage of Azure’s Media Services.  I also learned a few things from my last application I built, and I want to incorporate those bits into the solution as well.

From this to this…

Rode Black Beauty in this morning since the stormed moved out, a glorious ride for sure.  We’ll still get a bit of rain in the afternoons, but nothing like yesterday.

From this…

6.Jun.13

to this…

6.June.13

Spinning Up Some Media Magic

I was looking over some old app designs I shelved last year, they needed some support from something like Windows Azure Media Services, but they weren’t baked last year;  maybe the preview was out when I last looked, not sure.  Recently, I’ve been toying with the idea of getting one of these applications stood up using WAMS now that they’re ready.

I used this chain of posts to get a small harness built and get an understanding of what this stuff does and how it works together to create assets, then encode and stream in various formats, or convert the formats.  The sample code is a bit of a fire house, but the post(s) explain what’s going on with each chunk coming out of the fire-hose.

What I wanted to share is related to a post where I was fighting with a few assembly references and how they were mixed up and giving me a rash.  I asked NuGet for the WAMS bits and here’s what installed:

WAMS.Dependencies

I remember using some of the 1.7 assemblies, but not the 5.1 assemblies;  not a huge thing, but if the other project I was working on last week got mingled with this one, there might be some challenges.

The WAMS stuff looks fun, and its something new for me, I’ve not done much of this stuff except for using OS apps to convert media files from one format to another; so the curve may be steep starting out but yesterday I flattened it a bit and have a working harness that’s using my WA dev account.

HTH / oFc